Fly-In Aircraft Operations
Standard VFR arrival and departure procedures for non-towered airports will be in effect during air show hours (8 AM to 3 PM). Exercise caution within 10nm of the airport.
• Turn on all aircraft lights within 10nm of the airport
• Listen to the CTAF (123.05) before calling Meriden Traffic. You should be able to get the runway and traffic information without clogging the frequency with an airport advisory request.
• Find another aircraft and fall in line.
• Runways 18 and 36 are left hand traffic. Pattern altitude is 1100 ft MSL.
• Do not make a 360° turn on base or final approach.
• The Meriden-Markham Airport CTAF will be staffed throughout the day to give current wind information, active runway, and other known traffic in the area. Additional weather information may obtained on ASOS 134.925.
• Calm Wind Runway is always 18.
• CTAF operators are volunteers and in no way assume or accept any traffic avoidance responsibility for the pilot in command of any arriving or departing aircraft.
• Contact ground handlers on (tbd) after landing for parking instructions. Please advise the ground handlers if: - you are a fly-in spectator, or - you intend to have your aircraft judged You will be directed to the appropriate parking location accompanied by wing walkers.
• After parking your aircraft, please proceed to the registration desk. There is no landing/tie-down fee. All aircraft owners are encouraged to put their aircraft on display and be judged. If you wish to do so, there is a $10 donation to help cover the cost of trophies. You will be given a prop card to designate your aircraft as eligible for judging.
While at the Fly-In
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY FOR THE DAY. ALTHOUGH WE "DISCOURAGE" DEPARTURES BFORE 1 PM WHEN TROPHIES WILL BE AWARDED, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DEPART AT ANY TIME NECESSARY . This is a safety measure to avoid conflict between arriving and departing aircraft.
NO SMOKING ON THE AIRFIELD.
Because of the proximity of spectators and helicopters near the fuel pump, refueling is discouraged until 3 PM. Self-service 100LL is available and any major credit card is accepted.
BEFORE ENGINE START AND TAXIING
• Advise a member of the ground crew that you intend to start.
• Do not start your engine without ground crew present.
• You will be directed to the run up area by wing walkers, primarily by hand signals.
• Please be courteous - mind your prop blast.
• Prior to departure, advise your direction of flight on 123.05.
• Turn on all aircraft lights until clear of the airport traffic area.
• No turns on course until above 1100 ft. MSL.
• Residential areas north of the airport are particularly noise sensitive. Please be considerate.
• Per FAA regulations, low passes over the runway are not permitted.
Have a safe flight home and thanks for attending the Meriden-Markham Fly-In!
EAA Chapter 27